Monday 9 July 2012

Refreshing Chicken Finger Wrap

I've been super lazy when it comes to cooking lately. The pas couple of weeks were kinda bad. I was having a bit of an emotional fit and I had no appetite. But, after having that tasty fried chicken at Fatboys Southern Smokehouse in Ottawa on Canada day I felt like that food brought my soul back in me.

Last week, was hot. Very hot, and humid. So I decided to make something that would be tasty and refreshing. I remembered making some really good breaded chicken fingers for a penne arabiata dish I did a few months ago. I decided to add something to give it some zing and use those chicken fingers to make a delicious Asian wrap.

Yo! He's got the funky fresh style with the tasty lyrics.
Jin's rap and my sandwich have a lot in common.

I found the original recipe for the penne arabiata on my favourite website, Allrecipes.com. You can fin the whole recipe here. But, I just used the part for the breaded chicken fingers and changed it up a bit. Instead of putting garlic powder, I used powdered ginger. The rest is pretty much the same. Here are the ingredients for the chicken:


  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups of regular breadcrumbs
  • 4 tsp powdered ginger
  • 1 tsp Chinese 5 spices
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • ~1 cup of grapeseed oil or more for frying
And for the sandwich:


  • 1 pack of green spinach fajita wraps
  • 1 cucumber
  • 1 orange bell pepper
  • 1 head of boston lettuce
  • 1 bag of thick chow mein noodles
  • 1 bottle of Kraft™ Asian Sesame dressing.
Here's how you prepare the chicken. It's pretty simple.
  1. In a small bowl, whip the 2 eggs together.
  2. In a larger bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, powdered ginger, salt and garlic powder and mix well.
  3. Cut the chicken into long strips
  4. In a deep dish pan, pour the oil and put on medium heat and wait for the oil to heat up.
  5. Dip the chicken strips in the eggs and roll in the bread crumbs mix.
  6. Fry the breaded chicken strips in the pan until golden brown on each side.
  7. IMPORTANT: Make sure the chicken is well cooked and the meat is white, no pink!




Once your chicken is all nice and fried, let it rest on some paper towels to absorb the excess oil. In the meantime, cut up your vegetables for your sandwich.



When the chicken has cooled down, you can make yourself a delicious wrap. Take a fajita wrap, put a leaf of boston lettuce, 3-4 strips of orange peppers, a few strips of cucumbers, a hand full of chow mein noodles, 2 strips of chicken and drizzle with the Asian sesame dressing. Roll up and enjoy!


MMmmmm!!!!!

This wrap is refreshingly delicious in the summer thanks to the peppers and the cucumber. I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment